High conductivity annealed stranded copper conductors to SANS 1411 Part 1. Insulated with PVC and skin coloured in plain colours to SANS 1411 Part 2. Cable is manufactured to SANS 1507 Part 2.
For the wiring of Industrial Buildings, Housing, Control Panels it will be easier to pull through conduit, than standard housewire particularly on long and difficult runs.
- Specification : SANS 1507-2
- Temperature Range : -10°C to 70°C
- Voltage Rating : 300/500Vand 600/ 1000 V
- Core Identification : Complete range of colours
- Packaging : 100m Shrink-wrapped perforated coils
A specially developed low friction PVC compound which is used in the insulation of House wire for supply to the South African market.
The decreased coefficient of friction is the result of the migration of the slip additives to the cable surface due to the defined incompatibility of the slip additive with the polymer. (“Slip is a term used to describe the sliding of parallel film surfaces over each other or the sliding of film surfaces over.
What are the benefets of this product solution compared to Standard Housewire ?
The following benefits are relevant :
- The pulling force required to pull the product through conduit, is significantly reduced, as the cable-to-conduit and cable to cable friction is lower than on the standard product.
- The product is neatly and accurately coiled on automatic coilers, which reduces the risk of entanglement.
- The heat-shrunk plastic used in the packaging, keeps the coil in a sturdy, compact form until such.
Nominal Stranding No. x Diameter
Approx Overall No. x Diameter
Conductor Resistance @20°C Maximum
Approx1ø Volt Drop
Approx Cable Mass Per 100m Coil