Aerial Telecom M Cables
Aerial self supported telecom distribution cables are an economical and reliable way to provide connections between the telephone exchanges and distribution points, especially in hilly and uneven terrain. Tirupati Plastomatics offer the complete range of Aerial Cables conforming to various national and international specifications like G/CAF-01/01.Nov’92, 52-23/85-TRC, BS:3573/90, IEC:708-1, IEC:708-4, CW 1252A, that a customer may desire.
Solid annealed bare copper wire of 0.4, 0.5, 0.63 or .9mm. Other sizes can be supplied on request.
Solid polyethylene fully color coded.
– In units of 10 pairs upto 50 pairs cable.
– In super units of 20/25pairs for 100 pair cable and above.
– Units identified by color-coding of unit-binder.
One or more plastic tapes.
Moisture Barrier & Screen
Both side plastic coated aluminum tape, smooth, nominal thickness of aluminum-0.20mm.
If required, solid tinned copper 0.5 mm.
If required 2 steel wires of 0.5mm or 0.8mm thickness helically laid with maximum gap of 35%.
Sheath & Jacket
Aerial Bunched Cables
Gemini Aerial Bunched Cables (ABC) is a very novel concept for Over Head power distribution.
Gemini AB Cables are being designed, manufactured & tested conforming to IS:14255, IS: 7098 (P-2) & other international specifications.
ABC can be conveniently used :
- In theft prone areas.
- As replacement of bare lines in Rural areas, in woods and in other localities & narrow streets where the space is limited.
- As replacement of bare lines where reliability of supply is of prime importance.
- As replacement of bare lines where high degree of stability of supply voltage is of importance.
- In hilly terrains where cost of erection of overhead lines or under ground cable becomes very high.
- As reinforcement of existing system without increasing voltage.
- For temporary supplies.
In comparison of bare overhead distribution lines, ABC has very high reliability in maintaining services because power and neutral conductors are insulated with the best dielectric, resulting in the following advantages :
- Less fault rate on account of good protection against line and ground fault by high winds or falling trees or birds especially in hilly areas & forests as encountered in Rural distribution networks.
- High Insulation resistance to earth in all seasons and polluted atmospheres. Negligible leakage currents and low losses.
- Multiple circuits of Power and Telephone Cables could be strung in the same set of poles or any ther supports like walls etc.
- Better adaptability to run concurrently with existing over-head bare conductor system without any interference.
- High capacitance and low inductance leading to low impedance of lines.
- Lower voltage drop, higher current carrying capacities, vis-a-vis better Voltage Regulation.
- Longer spans and longer distance lines are possible with better system stability.
- ABC Cables are much safer than bare Conductors.
- It can be over hung in dense vegetation and forests.
- Additional connections can be easily and quickly made with hot-line connectors.
- Total lines costs are reduced.
- Maintenance is very easy.
- Very difficult to tap the AB cables, thus reducing theft which leads to lower distribution loses.
Aerial Bunch Cables
Aerial Bunch Cables, 1. 1KV Volt Grade, are used for distributing power to individual consumers by utility service providers like electricity boards, electricity distributing authorities. The cable is kept supported on poles. The line is tapped intermittently from any required position which enables it to be used in urban as well as rural areas alike.
Phase or lighting conductor: Hard drawn Aluminum H2 or H4 grade as per IS:8130.Messenger conductor : Aluminum Silica and Magnesium Alloy used after treatment as per IS: 398 (part 4).
XLPE with Sioplas Technique applied by extrusion process.
Identification of Phase
By providing ridges on the insulation of phase conductors. One ridge for 1st phase,2 and 3 ridges for 2 nd and 3rd phases respectively.
Neutral can have 4 ridges, if desired.
Color of Insulation
Because the cable remains exposed to environment & sunlight (ultraviolet radiation) the insulation is mixed with a small amount of carbon black to stop deterioration of polythene due to U V radiation.
The phase conductor along with the lighting conductor ( where applicable) is twisted around messenger conductor.
The phase conductor can be of single phase and also of three phases. A lighting conductor can be also incorporated to give supply to the street lighting. Messenger conductor supports the weight of the cable and keeps the assembly strung under tension. The phase conductor is made of concentrically stranded Aluminum Wires having 7 or 19 wires. The messenger conductor is made of specially treated Silica, Magnesium Aluminum alloy having 7 wires. The phase conductor and lighting conductor where applicable are insulated with XLPE (made of Sioplas Technology) compound. The messenger conductor, as per customer’s choice is kept either bare or insulated. The phase conductor along with lighting conductor (where applicable) are twisted around the messenger conductor (insulated or bare) and left as such. Sometimes as a special case a neutral conductor is also provided separately, if desired, by the user. Generally, messenger acts as earth as well as neutral.